The key obstacles they are routinely confronted with include uneven distribution of water and nutrients, wasted water due to runoff and evaporation and increased labor requirements.
- Limited or inaccessible water supply
- Varying water sources and quality
- Inadequate electricity supplies that hamper pump operation
- Insufficient funding
FDS™: A Big Idea for Small-holders
FDS™ (Family Drip System) is an all-embracing gravity-based drip irrigation system utilizing Netafim’s low volume drip-irrigation technology.
FDS™ maximizes productivity through the use of current and existing resources, thus eliminating the need for additional investments in infrastructure.
Offering a comprehensive service structure, upon request Netafim provides planning, training, technical and agronomic field support designed to suit local conditions and meet the specific requirements of each project.
Drip Irrigation – The ideal solution for small-holders
Developed by Netafim™ over 40 years ago, drip irrigation uses specially designed pipes that are pre-fitted with advanced drippers.
This sophisticated irrigation system drips precise quantities of water and nutrients right at the root zone. The result is a highly effective distribution of water, leading to improved crop quality and increased year-round yields.
- Effective for open field crops as well as small greenhouses
- Suitable for plots of any shape and size, from 100-2,000 sq.m
- Designed for all types of crops and year-round application
- Easily attaches to any water tank
- No pump or electricity required for operation
- Simple to install, operate and maintain
- Applicable for a wide variety of water sources
- Increases yields and quality
- Affordable and cost efficient
- Saves labor and eliminates the need for electricity/energy
- Enhances the use of existing resources
- Prevents water run-off, deep percolation, leaching and soil erosion
- Maximizes water efficiency
- Enables multi-seasonal application
- Easy to operate and maintain
- No special skills or previous experience necessary
- Optional for large projects according to community needs:
- technical support and agronomic training